Tuesday, January 29, 2013

There's a First Time for Everything (Well, Almost Everything)

I have always been a food lover. I didn't believe in strict diets and restricting oneself from all things fattening and well, delicious! I'd always loved Ms. Paula Deans' A stick of butter makes everything better, y'all.  But the spark of the "foodie" hit me about 2 years ago. I became wildly passionate about trying new foods and hitting the best restaurants all the locals raved about; and finding those little diamonds in the rough so few knew about. It became a sort of, new hobby that I was able to enthusiastically share with my husband, because believe me, the man can eat! A goal of mine was to visit as many of the places that have been featured on the Food Network; such as Man vs. Food, and Diners, Drive-in, and Dives. Also, I wanted to catch the food trucks whenever they were close by. Luckily, military life allows us to travel to different states and there are tv show and food truck apps that display where these gems are located.


Now, the quandary is, trying new culinary masterpieces that include meat that I have not had the chance to try.

(curtesy of lingolunch.wordpress.com)

This is the new predicament that has been on my mind for the last week or so. I had always dreamed of traveling the world, seeing ruins and historical monuments and first and foremost trying all the food I could possibly get my hands on! Would I be such a hypocrite if I were to only eat meat when it came to something new? I don't care much of what others say or think about me so I suppose if others were to think that to be hypocritical of me it would not affect me so. But would the possible hypocrisy stand foully on my conscience? I don't believe I will make the decision anytime soon; possibly not until I come across a situation like so. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out... I

Until then, good vibes and happy days everyone.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment