Sunday, January 6, 2013

4 Day Glutton

  First off, I'd like to thank (and blame) one of my best friends, Jessica, for setting me off on my journey. She decided for her new years resolution that she would be a vegetarian. Now I'm not sure as to whether or not its only for the year (didn't cross my mind to ask) but either way I was so proud and inspired by her. I had always wanted to become a vegetarian, in fact there was a point in time where I had given up chicken for a while after reading a disgusting PETA pamphlet about the poultry industry. However, I never believed that I had the will power and I guess support system to do so. It also seemed useless to try when I had a mom who cooked 5-6 days a week and every meal consisted of 90% meat. I'm talking about carne asada, albondigas, ribs, mole, ceviche etc... all the delicious mexican and quasi-american food you can think of. And not to mention she's an Amazing cook!

 So when Jess told me about her goals I thought, "YES!!! If she can do it, I can do it and we can DO IT TOGETHER!!!" Well, sort of.  (((current status: Hungry))) She lives in SoCal and I'm 8 hrs away in no-wheresville, Nevada. But I knew with her as my push and almost always available to me by phone or skype, for some reassurance, that I could (hopefully) successfully make the switch, for good. (maybe haha)

BUT, before I could make the switch, I had to eat everything I had been craving and couldn't eat in Nevada while I was in Cali visiting for the holidays. Luckily, I had already eaten a few of those things prior to new years. ((( grabbing an apple ))) Alright, so I wake up new years day and Jess had already driven to the mall and picked up some veggie rolls/food stuff from the only vegan restaurant in town (I think its the only one in town??). And the sweet angel she is, grabbed food for me too and dropped it off before she went home. So I gave it a shot to see what I was kinda getting myself into and I was a little pleasantly surprised... a little. After my sampling, the rabbit food was followed by:

Day 1: Feast at Ihop which included the largest omelet I'd ever seen or had and Mom's Menudo
 (may not seem like a lot of food but we woke up around 3 or 4 pm)

Day 2: yummy Pho, Calamari, and a bacon wrapped steak (which I surprisingly regretted later at night when I couldn't sleep, the steak that is), and some chicken pot pie

Day 3: Imperial burger (best grilled cheeses!), Moms' caldo de res, delicious chicken alfredo? pasta that my butter made me, and my favorite spicy chicken pasta that one of my guy besties got for me (shared it with the Hub of course)

Day 4: Moms' breakfast tacos, ramen, a salad (HA!) and a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds (bleh)

*All with a healthy dose of jokes and funnies from the friends and fam (where I blurted out "where's the meat?")

At the end of day 4 we (the Hub, fur babies and I) had arrived back home in Nevada. That night I was so tired from the drive that it didn't occur to me that I would be starting my new "lifestyle" the next day.

To sum up that next day cuz this post is getting long --> I worked all day, I was tired and I was hungry, had pasta, I craved meat, got sad, ate a bagel, went to bed.

Sooo, so far it has not been easy and I'm hungry again right now and its time for bed. Finally went grocery shopping today so hopefully it starts to get better and easier from here on out.

doubt it. :D

Happy days <3





No comments:

Post a Comment